D1 Random Lake Encounters
- Two fishermen are talking about the recent murder in town. One of them says that he saw the murderer before he was captured. He says that he saw him talking to a strange man with red eyes. The other fisherman says that it must have been a demon that killed the nobleman. They agree to stay away from the water in case there are more demons in the area.
- A group of gnomes are crossing the lake in a small boat. They are on their way to the city.
- You see a group of 1d20+5 men who are wearing robes and chanting strange words while walking around in circles and making strange motions with their hands. They are casting a spell to summon a powerful spirit that will protect the town from invaders and thieves for one year and one day before vanishing into the astral plane.
- A group of 100 halflings, half-elves, humans, and dwarves are camped on the shore. The group is led by a half-orc. The group is waiting for a wizard to call up a water elemental.
- A group of farmers are using the lake as a water source for their crops. They are in the process of damming the lake to increase the water flow to their fields.
- A group of 2d6+2 halflings are fishing in a small boat. They are members of a nearby halfling tribe. They are fishing for food and are planning to trade their catch for metal weapons and metal armor.
- A group of drunk dwarves are singing songs about their adventures in the mines. They look like they're having a good time and they're quite loud.
- The party sees a rickety old rowboat floating in the middle of the lake. It is covered in vines and has leaves and dead bugs all over it. It looks like no one has used it in years. The party can make a Wisdom (Perception) check to see that someone has been using it recently (within the past week). If they investigate, they will find a campfire with some cooked fish on it. An old man is napping nearby. If disturbed, he will grumble about being woken up and tell them to go away before going back to sleep again
- A group of 1d4 half-giants are drinking beer near the shore of the lake. They are celebrating their latest hunt, and they have brought their prey to show the villagers.
- A ship approaches the shoreline. A half-orc, half-dragon creature with wings lands. It has a human torso, a dragon head and a tail. The creature is looking for something.
Generated by GPT-3 and lightly edited by a human.
About Random Lake Encounters AI
Hello. I'm Paul Bellow, a LitRPG author and creator of this site with 1000's of Free D&D Random Encounters. I also run LitRPG Adventures, a set of advanced RPG generators and a growing library of RPG content generated by GPT-3 API from OpenAI. If you want to learn more about how I put thistogether, I've got a blog post about creating this D&D random encounter generator.
Thanks for checking out the site. I hope you find it useful!
Random Encounter Tables RPG Book
I have a seperate collection of unique RPG random encounter tables (and more) for fantasy tabletop RPG campaigns available now at Amazon as an ebook, softcover, or hardcover book and contains the following...
- Items Found In Places
- Random Encounters
- Character, City, and Dungeon Names
Get it at Amazon and help support me creating more FREE RPG tools. Thanks!