D1 Random Cave Encounters
- The players come across a small pond with a small waterfall flowing into it. If they look closely, they can see that the water has washed away the top layer of dirt and exposed part of a skeleton that was buried beneath it, as well as several coins that have been washed clean by the water, revealing that they are made of gold.
- A group of drunk dwarves are arguing with each other.
- A group of 3d6 men are out looking for easy targets, they are bandits and will attack the players if they look weak.
- A group of 3d4+2 bugbears are guarding a group of 3d4 humans that are carrying a large chest of gold. The humans are merchants and are heading to Waterdeep. The bugbears are planning to ambush the humans and take the treasure.
- You see two dead bodies, still being devoured by 1d6 wolves.
- The players come across a group of 2d6 goblins arguing over whether or not to attack a nearby cave entrance. They will attack the players if they get too close.
- The party sees a group of 2d6 robed halflings carrying sacks of supplies. They are heading away from the dungeon, towards the surface. The halflings are trying to hide from something in the cave system, and don't want to be found. The party can choose to help them or not, as they see fit.
- The players find a large pile of very large footprints. They are the size of a large orc or ogre. There is a shallow cave next to the footprints. It looks like someone is sleeping in the cave.
- Players encounter a group of 2d4 giant spiders. The spiders will attack the players if they get too close.
- In a cave deep in the mountains, you encounter a strange creature. It looks like a cross between a bat and a spider. The creature moves quickly and changes shape as it moves, making it hard to hit.
About Random Cave Encounters AI
Hello. I'm Paul Bellow, a LitRPG author and creator of this site with 1000's of Free D&D random cave encounter ideas. I also run LitRPG Adventures, a set of advanced RPG generators and a growing library of RPG content generated by GPT-3 API from OpenAI. If you want to learn more about how I put thistogether, I've got a blog post about creating this D&D random encounter generator.
Thanks for checking out the site. I hope you find it useful! My goal is to make the life of the DM easier!
Bonus Quest: Random Encounter Tables RPG Book
I have a seperate collection of unique RPG random encounter tables (and more) for fantasy tabletop RPG campaigns available now at Amazon as an ebook, softcover, or hardcover book and contains the following...
- Items Found In Places
- Random Encounters
- Character, City, and Dungeon Names
Get it at Amazon and help support me creating more FREE RPG tools. Thanks!
D&D Random Encounter Generators:
- Random Arctic Encounters
- Random Beach Encounters
- Random Castle Encounters
- Random Cave Encounters
- Random City Encounters
- Random Crypt Encounters
- Random Dungeon Encounters
- Random Elemental Plane of Air Encounters
- Random Elemental Plane of Earth Encounters
- Random Elemental Plane of Fire Encounters
- Random Elemental Plane of Water Encounters
- Random Forest Encounters
- Random Fortress Encounters
- Random Grassland Encounters
- Random Graveyard Encounters
- Random Lake Encounters
- Random Mountain Encounters
- Random Ocean Encounters
- All Random Encounter Generators
More RPG tools: Magic Items Maker | Backstory Generator | Mimic Maker | Dungeon Maps AI