D1 Random Cave Encounters
- A group of 1d20 goblins are hiding in the shadows of this cave, waiting for someone to pass by so they can ambush them.
- The players encounter a young couple who have been separated from their party in the caves. They will ask the players to help them find their way back to their party and then they can all return to town together and go back to their jobs as bakers and blacksmiths...
- Players find a cavern that is filled with a large pool of water. Several dead bodies are floating in the pool, but they aren't human bodies. They're giant lizard bodies. Two giant lizards, each about 40 feet long, are fighting each other in the pool.
- 1d4+1 orcs emerge from the cave, expecting to find their leader. They are surprised to see the party and will attack with any opportunity that presents itself.
- The party sees a group of 3d4 goblins playing a game that involves throwing rocks at each other's heads as hard as they can. They stop playing when they see the players, then run away as fast as they can.
- The players see an old man sitting on a rock, he looks lost, he tells them that he was exploring an area not far from here and he got lost. He asks them to help him get back to his friends. He is actually a thief who has stolen some treasure from the nearby town, and wants to get away before anyone notices it is missing.
- The area ahead is filled with feces - whatever lives here must be really dirty! The smell is really bad - it's snort-your-nose-bleeding bad!
- A group of 1d4+2 humans are hunting for food. They have been in the caverns for several weeks and are desperate. If players approach, they will ask for food and help getting out of the caverns. If players help, the humans will offer a reward and tell them about an ancient evil that is hidden somewhere within the caverns.
- A group of 2d6 giant ants are attacking some giant lizards. The lizards will attack the players if they get too close.
- Two goblins are sitting around a campfire. They are cooking a dead horse over the fire. If the players approach, they will attack.
About Random Cave Encounters AI
Hello. I'm Paul Bellow, a LitRPG author and creator of this site with 1000's of Free D&D random cave encounter ideas. I also run LitRPG Adventures, a set of advanced RPG generators and a growing library of RPG content generated by GPT-3 API from OpenAI. If you want to learn more about how I put thistogether, I've got a blog post about creating this D&D random encounter generator.
Thanks for checking out the site. I hope you find it useful! My goal is to make the life of the DM easier!
D&D Random Encounter Generators:
- Random Arctic Encounters
- Random Beach Encounters
- Random Castle Encounters
- Random Cave Encounters
- Random City Encounters
- Random Crypt Encounters
- Random Dungeon Encounters
- Random Elemental Plane of Air Encounters
- Random Elemental Plane of Earth Encounters
- Random Elemental Plane of Fire Encounters
- Random Elemental Plane of Water Encounters
- Random Forest Encounters
- Random Fortress Encounters
- Random Grassland Encounters
- Random Graveyard Encounters
- Random Lake Encounters
- Random Mountain Encounters
- Random Ocean Encounters
- All Random Encounter Generators